Kubernetes Advanced for DevOps
You are already working with Kubernetes or Docker? Or your team is going to implement Kubernetes? Are you responsible for a part or an entire Kubernetes cluster and you want to gain more in-depth knowledge? Then this is the training for you!
This training focusses, apart of the Fundamentals knowledge, on more in-depth challenges. We will have a close look into more advanced features and use cases to prepare you as an engineer for the day-to-day challenges for implementing, managing and debugging Kubernetes clusters that run in production. Based on practical examples and hands-on exercises you will become a Kubernetes expert. Apart of this we prepare you for the Certfified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) Exam.
The target audience are system- and DevOps engineers and SRE’s who want to gain more in-dept Kubernetes knowledge and need a thorough preparation for the Certified Kubernetes Administrator (CKA) exam.
What do you bring?
- Minimum of 2 years experience as an Infra or DevOps engineer
- Practical knowledge of ssh, Linux, Docker (basic), gitlab or jenkins or other CI / CD tooling is advised.
- Enthusiasm and a good mood!
What do you learn?
- Kubernetes Hands-On based on concrete examples and practical exercises in your Kubernetes teaching environment!
- Unlike the fundamentals, we take a deep dive under water in Kubernetes showing ‘ready to use’ solutions in complex IT environments.
- We implement a complete, fictional company on bare-metal and managed hosting environments.
- Context: what is Cloud Native? Also, what is the history and importance of Kubernetes?
- Kubernetes Architecture: Components & Resources (deployment, replication controller, pods)
- Basic concepts of Kubernetes: services, draining nodes, horizontal scaling, deploying, release management & canary releases, liveliness & readiness checks, updates & rollbacks, init containers
- Kubernetes principles: Helmet, Ingress Controller, Cert Manager, Federation (optional)
- Kubernetes security: Single Sign-On, Role Based Access
- Monitoring: central logging, central monitoring (designing and creating dashboards, adding your software
- Cloud Native solutions for APM (LinkerD & Envoy optional)
- Storage: Local Storage (optional), Distributed Storage (glusterFS & Rook (optional)
- Release Management: continuous integration & continuous delivery (optional)
- Service Orchestration: own CRD, Operator, Controller (optional)
*optional: depending on level and interest
09:00 – 17:00
Certified Kubernetes Administration (CKA)
You will receive a personal K8s cluster, course material, syllabi and of course the N-Able Kubernetes T-shirt!
Samenweid 22, 1935 AX Egmond-Binnen,Nederland